The last 2 days have seen some huge rainfall figures in the Yeppoon region, with Pacific Heights & Bungundarra receiving over 220mm. Most areas within 30km of Yeppoon (including Byfield) have received at least 90mm.
Beach erosion due to high tides and runoff has occurred in some areas, although Kemp Beach has been hit the hardest. Access to Kemp Beach by its southern entrance and carpark is limited, the easiest access is from the northern end at Rosslyn Bay.
I hope to have photos of the erosion up by next weekend.
Flooding has effected road closures in various low spots around Yeppoon & Gracemere, below is a list current as of 5PM today (1st February 2010). Not mentioned in the list is the closure of the two lower lanes on Farnborough Road near the Bluff. This post will be updated tomorrow with reopened roads, etc.
Yeppoon Road Closures
- Byfield Road at Stoney Creek and at Merrivale
- Coorooman Creek Road at Coorooman Creek
- Daly Creek Road, Bundgundarra
- Old Byfield Road at Limestone Creek (Mt Rae end)
- Barmaryee Road
- Bungundarra Road at Daly Creek
- Bangalee Boat Ramp beach access
- Alpis Creek Road
Gracemere Road Closures
- Malch – 9 Mile Road
- Alton Downs – 9 Mile Road
- Fairybower Road
- Aermby Road
- Capricorn Street
- Middle Road
- Macquarie Road
- Johnson Road
- Bajool road 1/2 covered with water – may also be cut very soon at Raglan and Marmor